Best Flea Treatment for Cats Using Medication
Sometimes, the best flea treatment for cats is chemical medication, because the substance contained will instantly kill the fleas. In most cases, it takes only one attempt before the fleas gone for good. It’s the reason why people choose chemical medication out of natural treatments.
It doesn’t mean that natural treatment is not good, but if you don’t have much patience, it’s recommended to use chemical medication instead. Sure, natural treatment will do, but it takes several attempts, or at least one week, before the fleas completely gone forever.
Here are some top best flea treatment for cats which will kill the fleas instantly.
- Frontline plus. This is a topical medication which is meant to repel fleas and other pests. It contains fipronil and s-methoprene as the active ingredients. What makes it better is, this medication works best for both cats and dogs. So if you have more than one pet at home, this can be the best option. Another good point is, it’s waterproof and can stay effective for the full 30 days!
- Advantage II. This pesticide has pyriproxyfen and imidacloprid as active ingredients, making your cats and dogs free from fleas and lice. Yes, this medication is also good for cats and dogs. The good thing is, Advantage II can kill adult fleas only in 12 hours after first application. Like Frontline Plus, this pesticide can be used in various weights of pets.
- Capstar Flea Control. If you prefer oral treatment, then this one is for your. Like Frontline Plus and Advantage II, this one is safe for both your cats and dogs in various weights. You can safely use this along with other preventives medications to prevent coming-back fleas. The good thing is, this medication is safe even for pregnant and nursing pets.
- Flea Away. This treatment is formed in chewable tablet. It contains vitamin complex to remove pests. This is considered as unique treatment because it lets your pet produce a kind of odor which shoo away insects. Give this to your cats and they can naturally repel fleas, bugs, ticks, and even mosquitoes.
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Cats and Dogs. This medication provides protection to insects same like oral and topical treatments. If you want an easy and quick solution, this one is for you. There are several collars available, and each collar has various formula which can be used for both cats and dogs. Just tie it to your pet’s neck, and fleas will be gone forever.
Once you are sure the fleas are gone for good, it’s important to clean the bedding and your entire house, especially the resting spots of your cat as well. Vacuuming carpets, rugs, and sofas, are highly recommended. Spraying or sprinkling every nook and crevice with DE is also advisable.
Don’t forget to wash the bedding and bed sheet as well with hot water. To double the effect, mix the hot water with lemon juice. If the bedding is highly infested, it’s better to throw it away though. Isolate your cleaned-already cat from its old bedding and resting spots until you’re sure they’re clean enough.
« Best Way to Get Rid of Fleas Without MedicationHow to Get Rid of Cat Pee Smell Effectively and For Good